August 2, 2014

Meal planning

I never put much stock or thought into meal planning. I have always been a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of person and the idea of planning anything makes me anxious. I don't like plans. I don't make plans. I really like to just see how I feel and do what I want to in the moment.

When I started realizing how much "junk" we were eating BECAUSE of our lack of meal planning, I decided to jump on the wagon. I still had reservations but I knew if I planned ahead and had enough good food on hand, we would be able to make it work.

It started out with just planning out our dinners for the week, but we quickly became bored with the same meals week after week. One can only eat so many taco meals, spaghetti, pizza, steak and chicken. Once I started realizing there were so many recipes and ideas for someone like me who doesn't eat wheat, I really began to explore and try new things. I have branched out a bit but still not as much as I want to. This weekend I plan to make my own almond flour and almond butter! This seems like an easy thing and I'm sure it is, but it's a big deal for me. :) I'm ready to take this whole clean-eating idea to the next level.

Stay tuned. :)  Oh...and to keep me accountable, I will share my meal plan for the week.
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Workout
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with spinach and mush.
Shakeology
wheat free pancakes
clif protein bar
wheat free pancakes, bacon
Snack
Walnuts in honey Greek yogurt
Kind bar
yogurt with berries
2 hard boiled eggs
Shakeology
Lunch
Shakeology
lunch date out with Josh
grilled chicken & bacon in lettuce wrap
Shakeology
avocado tuna salad in lettuce wrap
Snack
Clif bar
shakeology
carrots and hummus
2 hard boiled eggs
Dinner
spinach & chicken wraps with zucchini fries
barbacoa tacos in grain free tortillas with lime rice
buffalo chicken burgers with sweet pot fries
Venison steaks, steamed veggie, mashed pot.
homemade pizza - WF crust
groups

No comments

Post a Comment