Grain free Chicken Strips
I adapted this recipe from another one I found in a magazine. They recipe called for all-purpose flour, and I suppose if you don't really care either way, you can use whatever flour floats your boat. :) I like to use garbanzo bean flour when doing breaded foods as it has a great consistency.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp garbanzo flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a skillet, heat oil on med/high heat until shimmering. Reduce to medium heat.
2. In a shallow bowl or dish, add 1/2 cup of garbanzo flour.
3. In a second dish, whisk the 2 eggs.
3. In a third dish add the parmesan cheese and 2 tbsp garbanzo flour.
4. After chicken is cut into pieces, pat dry with paper towel.
5. Dip chicken in flour, then egg, and last parmesan cheese mixture.
6. Place chicken strips into pan 4 at a time and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side.
Get your favorite dip and enjoy! :)