January 19, 2015

Change your life in 3 minutes or LESS

I was never really a morning person. I had to set multiple alarms to get up for school when I was in college. I loathed getting up each day and had to peel myself out of bed. I hit snooze 5 times until the very last possible minute.

Does this sound familiar? I'm going to describe the one thing that changed my perspective on mornings.


Gratitude.

It sounds simple, maybe even silly to some. But it WORKS. If you don't believe me, TRY IT.

I have a challenge for you. For 7 days in a row, try to wake up with a purpose. No more rolling out of bed. No more fumbling around and mumbling those dreaded words under your breath; words of hatred for the day. I challenge you to wake up PRESENT. With a purpose.  And there is a very simple yet effective way to do this. All it takes is gratitude.  When you wake up in the morning, turn your alarm off right away and put both feet on the floor, NO. MATTER. WHAT. Think to yourself about THREE things that you are grateful for TODAY. Three things that, if you learned you no longer had anymore, would devastate you. Just 3 things a day.

Now. Write them down. Seriously! Do it. Write down a list of 3 things that you are grateful for when you wake up each morning. Talk to me again after you've done this for 7 days and if it hasn't changed your life and the way you live and think about your life, I will be truly shocked.

Do you think you can do it? Are you ready to live?


Here are 3 things I'm grateful for today:

1. A house that has heat. I live in Wisconsin and the temperatures get very cold. Living in a heated home is something that I would miss greatly, if it were taken from me today.

2. Coffee. Some days it's the little things like wrapping my hands around a hot mug of coffee, that help me realize how wonderful life can be.

3. School teachers. I was able to volunteer in my son's classroom today and it was a very eye-opening experience. I'm grateful that people still choose to go to school for teaching to help educate our youth to become bright future citizens.


Now it's your turn. What are you grateful for today?

No comments

Post a Comment